Book Spine Poetry Contest
November 14-December 31
Book spine poetry is exactly what it sounds like, using the titles on the spines of books to create a poem. We want to see your inner poet. Here's how you can get prepared for the challenge which begins on November 14th and runs through December 31st:
• Get ready for the contest by going to the library and looking for titles that interest you.
• Write down the titles you may want, you can come back to them later. If you are looking for specific titles, use the catalog.
• Once you have your titles, stack the books, and take a picture.
• Submit your photo via the Book Spine Poetry app available on the Library’s Facebook Page between November 14th and December 31st.
Don't forget, poetry entries will be taken online, starting November 14th, so have your submissions ready.
1. One entry per person.
2. Poem must fit in 1 photograph.
3. Poems must not contain obscene language or imagery.
4. Entries may only be submitted directly via the photo contest app.
5. No early or late entries will be accepted.
6. Winning entry will be selected by random drawing.
7. Entries become the property of the Greene County Public Library.
8. Library staff are not eligible to win a prize.
9. Prize(s) are not redeemable for cash.
Go to www.facebook.com/greenelibrary.info for more info.