Sunday, November 7, 2010

Corner Cone Curry Review

Saag Paneer and Tikka Masala

I can't claim to be a culinary expert, but I have been eating curries since the day my Uncle Iqball (we fondly called him uncle iky)  showed me how to make a curry when I was a little girl, and being British and being that Tikka Masala was declared  by Foreign Secretary Robin Cook now a true British national dish, I do know a good curry when I taste one.


I'll be honest I was a bit skeptical about the price of the Corner Cone take out menu, but after finally giving it a try I've changed my mind.
 It's worth it.
There are many variations of Tikka Masala, and while this one isn't as hot or as creamy as some I've had in the UK, it was top notch as far as quality, quantity (plenty of chicken pieces) and flavour.
 The serving portion for the main dish is enough for two but not enough rice, so if you buy one meal to share you may need to make extra rice or order extra.


The Winter Corner Cone hours are:Thurs, Fri, Sat 11AM-7PM and Sun Noon-4PM.
Call in for  new menu options and orders:  (937) 767-1164
Current Menu

Click on Menu for larger image
 
˜
and for those who might be interested
 the Springfield Hindu Community
presents
DIWALI 2010
Saturday, November 20th at the Tecumseh High School Auditorium
9830 W.National Rd, New Carlisle, Ohio 45344
Tickets for this evening of Gourmet Food and Indian Cultural Dances are $15 per person
for more info call Sanjay at 937-399-8211
or make a check payable to the Springfield diwali Celebrations and mail to
Geeta Shankar
2724 Rebecca Dr, Springfield, Ohio 45503

Here is my video from Diwali 2006
with a few locals you "might" recognize.