Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cleaning For A Reason


My favorite bike path is referred to in my house as the “Ice Cream Bike Path” because it passes by two ice cream parlors: Two Scoops in Spring Valley and Corwin Peddler in Waynesville.

On a recent bike trip, I got to talking with Mary Tackett, owner of Two Scoops, and learned about an organization that Mary belongs to that is worth promoting.

The organization is called “Cleaning For A Reason” and it’s the only foundation in America cleaning homes for women with cancer. One of the testimonials reads: “There are tons of cancer-research foundations. I need help with my house! I have three small children and have been taking chemotherapy for 19 months. This is a God-send to me.”

Mary Tackett is also owner of Added Touch Cleaning and it is through this business that she partners with “Cleaning For A Reason.” Mary and her cleaning staff are committed to providing the gift of cleaning to women who are undergoing treatment for cancer. They provide free professional housecleaning and maid service to improve the lives of women undergoing treatment for cancer—any kind of cancer.

For more information about the organization, visit www.cleaningforareason.org or (877) 337-3348. They can also be found on Facebook.

To contact Mary Tackett and Added Touch Cleaning, call (937) 862-9380 or write addedtouchservices@yahoo.com