Thursday, July 21, 2011

Support the Yarn Graffiti Documentary!!





Okay. This can get a little confusing.

The above video is an excerpt from a work-in-progress documentary by a woman named Sarah Gonzalez. The video is titled "Yarn Graffiti Documentary". If you look carefully, you can spot two works by our own Jafagirls Nancy and Corrine that are here in YS ("The Queen of Hearts" tree and "The Snowflake Tree") and also one that Corrine did in Ann Arbor, MI. Back in June, Sarah put out the call to filmmakers everywhere to videotape any yarnbombing activities that took place on International Yarnbombing Day (June 11), which I did. You can see my video at the bottom of this post.

Sarah needs contributions to finish her documentary. Even small amounts like $10 or $20 are greatly appreciated. I donated this morning. You can find out more about that by clicking here.

She also has a blog that you can follow here.

It's possible that footage from my sweet little video will end up in Sarah's documentary. (Wouldn't that be cool?) But I'm being realistic. After all, she received videos from all over the world. Also, it'd be great if Yellow Springs was chosen as a place to screen her finished documentary. I think if Yellow Springers united and all gave a goodly-sized donation, we'd have a good chance of getting a screening. I mean, Jafagirls Nancy Mellon and Corrine Bayraktaroglu have made quite a name for themselves and for the town of Yellow Springs with the Knit Knot Tree (and other knit graffiti). They're celebrities in the world of yarnbombing so we're not exactly invisible.

Anyways, I don't want people to be confused about who is asking for money. If you've got money you're just dying to throw at something, I'd love to take it ;-) but this post is specifically to get out the word about Sarah Gonzalez and her Yarn Graffiti Documentary and I hope you'll consider donating to her cause so she can finish her documentary.

Here's the video I submitted to Sarah back in June. Enjoy!