Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Murals in Town

 Mural by Joseph Prescher
Commissioned by Laura McDonald who said about Joe:"I first met Joe through the Yellow Springs Area facebook group. He advertised that he would be in town doing consultations for murals. We have a big shed just behind our house that was so plain, and my husband loves color. He's also a banjo player and loves bluegrass music.
After Joe and I agreed on a picture, he visited our house, scaled up the image, added a background, and sent me everything for approval. Two weeks later, the mural is finished, and we all love it! Joe even modified the banjo player to look more like my husband and kept making changes until the mural was just right.
It makes me happy to look out the back door and see beautiful artwork instead of that drab beige wall. My daughter is now hoping to have fairies in the moonlight on the side of the shed that faces her window, so we may be seeing more of Joe in the future!"

If you are interested in hiring Joe to do a mural or his work here is his 
website Joseph Prescher

Or you can reach him on his fb page


Meanwhile in Keiths Alley

Sarah Dickens and RAC have added a wonderful burst of painterly magic for all to enjoy.